Thursday, February 28, 2008

Gingerbread Pancakes with Pears and Yogurt

This one is stolen from friends Matt and Rebecca too; again from Cooking Light. I could eat this every weekend, so delicious.

  • 1 c. pankcake mix (for GF people - I just use Pamela's mix)
  • 1 t. ground ginger
  • 1 t. ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 t. salt
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 c. whole milk
  • 3 T. molasses
  • 1 T. vegetable oil
  • 2 ripe Anjou or Bartlett pears (any kind really) - pelled, cored, and thinly slided
  • 1 T. light brown sugar (I have never used this)
  • Vanilla yogurt
Combine the pancake mix, ginger, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, molasses and oil. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk just to combine. Let the batter for 5 minutes. While waiting gently toss the pears in a bowl with the brown sugar; set aside (I usually just use plain pears).

Place a nonstick griddle or skillet coated with oil, butter or cooking spray over medium-high heat. Spoon or pour about 1/3 c. of batter for each pancake onto the griddle. Proceed as you would with regular pancakes.

Serve the pancakes with the sliced pears and a dollop of the vanilla yogurt.

No comments: